Mapmakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Madden League Roll Call

Go down 
+6
buck2303
DOLLARBILL
theironlung82
iiamlegend
SiMplyTHaBeSt21
MAHAM
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

Number of posts : 380
Madden League Roll Call Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madden League Roll Call Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-28

Madden League Roll Call Empty
PostSubject: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:11 am

Im sending out friend requests. 5 of the usernames are invalid. If the PSN login isnt accurate after today, those users are gone.

I have about 15 people that accepted my friend requests. I sent them Friday night. If the request isnt accepted before someone else takes the spot--youre off the list.

Check in please. Im assuming everyone is buying madden right when it comes out. If not, please specify.
Back to top Go down
https://mapmaker.forumotion.net
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

Madden League Roll Call Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madden League Roll Call Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:20 am

Oh yeah, I was messing with some league tools and i set up divisions that just have W/L categories and position.
We are propably going to use league daddy, but I just wanted to show what another alternative is. The scheduling and the names are not all correct so bare with me.

Link:

>>>>>>Gridiron Madden<<<<<<

I can also run the league on this forum manually too.

I can run a league thread-- NFC and AFC-- --- with all the divisons and standings. Then I just edit in the W/L results after the games are played.

I would create a seperate thread for every week showing the schedules. I dont think itll be a problem to jump ahead of schedule with this setup, or play catchup if someone is unavilable to play for some reason.

If we play 6-7 minute games, they will be unranked. So, if we use this format, we will have to use the honor system and record our own wins and losses.

The other option is Leaguedaddy. LD is nice because it already has the formats setup, but it also requires stat tracking to be done by the individual.

So, if this league is gonna run like a real NFL season, we propably won't be able to record individual game stats on a league wide basis. That will have to be up to the individual players to track their game stats.

Is everyone Ok with that?
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:22 pm

AFC EAST
NEW ENGLAND: theironlung82
MIAMI BUC2303
BUFFALO buffalo41
JETS Brettz73

AFC SOUTH
COLTS maham-
JAGS JAGWIRED
TEXANS showtime8
TITANS ballsmahoney <he is out of town but will accept psn request on return

AFC NORTH
STEELERS SteelCityChamp
BROWNS CTB12
RAVENS sportsrock-balin
BENGALS JukeBoxhero32

AFC WEST
CHIEFS SickB4Vick
CHARGERS CowboyKiller92
RAIDERS SiMpLyThaBeSt21
BRONCOS youngtizzle

NFC EAST
COWBOYS PLAY_THIS
EAGLES birdman520
REDSKINS twostep84
GIANTS sidekick25

NFC SOUTH
SAINTS DOLLARBILL
BUCS IIAMLEGEND
PANTHERS macseven
FALCONS dmoney1632

NFC NORTH
PACKERS HEStillHatinOnMe
VIKINGS
BEARS chicagochef
LIONS Lionsfan 1980

NFC WEST
CARDINALS juegomylego
RAMS NikeJumpman23
49ERS DRAY81
SEAHAWKS

anthony3stacks
DR-Dirty
mavdaddy22
popxbottlesx23
stallions28

u guys' user id's arent registered through EA...and yore gonna go off the list

Last edited by MAHAM on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:38 am; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 5:33 pm

This was brought up on the madden developer page. It might work. Still waitin for a reply.
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/260867-official-madden-online-leagues-q-25.html

Hi Ryan,
This idea was brought up above - I thought I'd put it in list format to make it easier to answer. Can you answer whether this idea would work or not?

---

I had a brainstorm that may work for the Madden online league...
What we know...
There is full stat tracking if you set Unique Teams to ON
There are no divisions/conferences - just 32 teams
You cannot play a 16 week schedule - you set the number of games each team should play against each other and the total number of games is equal to the number of teams in the league TIMES the number of games you choose. (EX) for a 32 team league, if you choose 3 games, you would have a 93 game schedule. However, these games can be played in any order, with the team that challenges being designated as the home team
Here's my idea...
We knew ahead of time that we would have to keep track of the standings ourselves. What we didn't know is the schedule issue. However, if we just choose to handle the playoffs separate from the regular season (i.e. create a new league), we should be able to make this work.

Here's how...
Set up a 32 team league
Set the number of games for each team to play against each other team to 3 - this would be 2, but according to PastaPadre, you can only choose odd numbers up to 11 (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11). It needs to be at least 2 for divisional matchups
Post the schedule you will play somewhere online - in our league's case, it would be the real NFL schedule and we would post it in our forums
Play all games in the league in order like we normally would if we were playing through League Daddy. Our league plays in order one week at a time, but flex schedule leagues should work too
Keep track of the standings in your forums. We will be keeping track of them like the real NFL, with all the real divisions and conferences
Once the entire 17 week schedule, use your own standings that are kept outside of the game to determine the playoff teams and seedings
Create a new 12-team "playoff" league, including all teams that qualify. Set that league up to play each team once.
Keep track of the playoff tree in the forums and play the games in order the same way we played the regular season, except we use our new playoff league
On the surface, it seems to me like this would work...can you see anything in my logic that would prevent this from working? We'd need to test this of course once we got the game...
Back to top Go down
SiMplyTHaBeSt21
Free Agent
Free Agent

Number of posts : 1

Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:33 am

So am i currently in the league as the raiders?? if not, is there another team i can take, if so can you list them, this is a league i'm very interested in joining
Back to top Go down
iiamlegend
Free Agent
Free Agent

Number of posts : 19

Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:42 am

I'm all for the realistic experience. I just hope it's not as complicated to run the leauge as it sounds. Maybe after a few games it will become routine and will go smoothly
Back to top Go down
iiamlegend
Free Agent
Free Agent

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:44 am

i do like how your gridiron madden site looks so far
Back to top Go down
theironlung82
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
theironlung82

Number of posts : 85

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:18 am

SImplythe best, that is the most updated list. You are the raiders. If you want any of the remaining teams, you can have them.
Back to top Go down
theironlung82
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
theironlung82

Number of posts : 85

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:38 am

Unless there is something that we know about the online league, me and Maham have decided to set it up this way. WE will use maddens online league feature. USERS will all play are scheduled 16 games their teams are scheduled, you can play any game on your schedule at any time. WE will set up the division and conference threads on this site and post standings. After all teams have completed their schedule, we will then run the playoffs a on a new league. Is this cool for everyone?
Back to top Go down
DOLLARBILL
Free Agent
Free Agent

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: is it too late   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:38 am

I want in got everything straight
PS# ID: DOLLARBILL
magicman757@yahoo.com
AIM: magicman757@yahoo.com
team if still avail giants or saints
Back to top Go down
buck2303
Free Agent
Free Agent
buck2303

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 11:58 am

I will take someone spot if they havent signed up or checked in let me know Bears or Ravens whoever...My aim is Buck23032 and PSN is BUC2303...
Back to top Go down
8ball

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:08 pm

c4245ps3 where is the link account located I can"t find it please reply. Madden League Roll Call 559232
Back to top Go down
8ball

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 1:11 pm

c4245ps3 where is the link account located I can"t find it please reply. Madden League Roll Call 559232
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:38 pm

what do you mean? Link account?
Back to top Go down
supremedarius
Free Agent
Free Agent

Number of posts : 4

Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:09 am

so when do you think the league will be open?
Back to top Go down
CowboyKiller92
Free Agent
Free Agent
CowboyKiller92

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 2:15 pm

can you resend mine, I didnt know who you were
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:24 pm

I have 26 people who accepted the friend requests and responded back.

That leaves 6 players left to go. I will be editing the names off the list in a few hours so if someone wants another team or knows someone else interested in playing, check for the open spots.
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 11:32 pm

supremedarius wrote:
so when do you think the league will be open?

I would like to get it started within the next week.

We still have a few spots to fill and im gonna be outta town for a couple of days this week.
Back to top Go down
mac7even
Free Agent
Free Agent
mac7even

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:50 am

had to create a new PSN name...thanks
For the Carolina Panthers
NEW PSN : macseven
Back to top Go down
jmunter
Free Agent
Free Agent

Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 5:20 pm

Have you sent out the league requests yet?
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:29 am

jmunter wrote:
Have you sent out the league requests yet?

not yet.
Back to top Go down
mac7even
Free Agent
Free Agent
mac7even

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 10:42 pm

so this may be a silly question...but is this just for one season, or will we be able to do FA signings and draft at the end of the year? If so, to keep things authentic are we going to be drafting the players that the actual team drafts
Back to top Go down
buck2303
Free Agent
Free Agent
buck2303

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:33 pm

OK I joined online let me know what I need to do..
Back to top Go down
iiamlegend
Free Agent
Free Agent

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 6:31 pm

when are we gonna start
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:13 pm

iiamlegend wrote:
when are we gonna start
soon as the league fills, i made it 2 days ago and most are signed up....youre not yet though Madden League Roll Call 851624 also, ill update the team sheet when i get to a computer...using the PS3 to type right now. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden League Roll Call   Madden League Roll Call Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madden League Roll Call
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next