Mapmakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  

Madden 09 online league settings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theironlung82
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
theironlung82

Number of posts : 85
Madden 09 online league settings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madden 09 online league settings Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-29

Madden 09 online league settings Empty
PostSubject: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:47 am

It will be run by me and Maham.
We are both experienced players that began playing each other during madden 97. I am a Pats fanatic. I have played Madden since 1992, making plays with the playmaker it had(computer version). WE have played Madden on PS2 since 2002. This will be my first year on the PS3. Until the improvements to the PS3 version were made I saw no reason to switch over. I loathe cheese/glitch players, and that play wont be tolerated in this league. Dont get me wrong, I will take my shot with Moss deep once every game(John Madden says if he coached Moss he would throw at least 5 deep ones a game), but I actually hate doing it, it doesnt show my skill. I would rather dazzle you with the intricate and sophisticated offense that I run. One of the reasons I hate to play online is that I can only get a good sim style player every once in a while. I hopethat will not be the case with this league, and all of you bring your A game.

WE will set up different threads for different aspects of the league. Vids in one thread, league discussion in another, owners availability in another, etc.

SETTINGS

6 MINUTE QUARTERS
ALL-MADDEN LEVEL
NO TRADES ALLOWED
NO INJURIES
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

Number of posts : 380
Madden 09 online league settings Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Madden 09 online league settings Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:37 am

theironlung82 wrote:

I am not sure exactly how the divisions set up, or if there are any at all. I do not think there are. I know for a fact the top 16 teams will make a single elimination tourney, that is the only way EA will let you set it up

I will run the league on this forum manually.

I can run a league thread-- NFC and AFC-- --- with all the divisons and standings. Then I just edit in the W/L results after the games are played.

We will go by the NFL schedule but set up the league through madden with 3 games a piece. We only play the NFL scheduled games. The playoffs will be held in another league format with the updated rosters.

Last edited by MAHAM on Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mapmaker.forumotion.net
theironlung82
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
theironlung82

Number of posts : 85

Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:58 am

cant spawn games, no ea locker for madden. I believe there are no divisions, just one big league. i am not sure of scheduling either, and dont the NFL schedule is relevant. We will see monday night
Back to top Go down
jayscoot21
Free Agent
Free Agent

Number of posts : 1

Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:49 pm

if u ahve openings let em know im interested
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 6:01 pm

jayscoot21 wrote:
if u ahve openings let em know im interested

i just updated, check the open teams
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: PLease Read   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Smile We knew ahead of time that we would have to keep track of the standings ourselves. What we didn't know is the schedule issue. However, if we just choose to handle the playoffs separate from the regular season (i.e. create a new league), we should be able to make this work.

Here's how...
Set up a 32 team league
Set the number of games for each team to play against each other team to 3 - this would be 2, but you can only choose odd numbers up to 11 (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11). It needs to be at least 2 for divisional matchups
Post the schedule you will play somewhere online - in our league's case, it would be the real NFL schedule and we would post it in our forums
Play all games in the league in order like we normally would if we were playing through League Daddy. Our league plays in order one week at a time, but flex schedule leagues should work too
Keep track of the standings in your forums. We will be keeping track of them like the real NFL, with all the real divisions and conferences
Once the entire 17 week schedule, use your own standings that are kept outside of the game to determine the playoff teams and seedings
Create a new 12-team "playoff" league, including all teams that qualify. Set that league up to play each team once.
Keep track of the playoff tree in the forums and play the games in order the same way we played the regular season, except we use our new playoff league

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Mad Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
chicagochef
Free Agent
Free Agent

Number of posts : 1

Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:53 pm

when can we start
Back to top Go down
MAHAM
Admin
MAHAM

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 1:59 pm

chicagochef wrote:
when can we start

We played last night. It disc. in the third quarter. I had a 13 point lead but you were driving the ball-you had it at midfield when it disconnected. A TD woulda put you down by 6.

*note to players*

if the game disconnects and its not a blow out, you have the option of not counting the game on league stats. Sit in the game and send a PM to see if the other player quit. If they did, record the win. If its close, you can replay the game, or use the score at halftime and play another half. You can do this on exibition or through the season--just conceed at halftime. If you choose to run it through Exhibition, message me and ill record the scores.

Me and ChicagoChef played another game that recorded. He played realistically and I enjoyed playing against him as an opponent. He worked the inside/out on passing and had some nice rythym going. I was getting nutz pressure that game and the sacks and runstop hurt him closer to the redzone. All-Madden is more defensive but I was impressed with ChicagoChefs ability to keep his cool and play through some early mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 09 online league settings   Madden 09 online league settings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Madden 09 online league settings
Page 1 of 1